More in this section...
Each academy in Northern Star Academies Trust has a Local Governing Body which works on behalf of the trust board to exercise leadership in the running of the individual academy and hold the Head Teacher and staff to account. It is responsible for promoting high standards and strives to ensure that children are attending a successful school which provides them with a good education and supports their well-being.
The role of the Local Governing Body:
- helping the Headteacher and senior leadership team to set high standards by planning for the school´s future and setting performance targets for the school;
- monitoring the effectiveness of the school provision;
- the management of risks against the school´s risk register;
- acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher and senior leadership team, offering support and advice;
- helping the school respond to the needs of parents and the community;
- helping make the school be open and accountable to the public for what it does;
- working with the school on planning and developing policies and keeping the school provision under review; and
- exercising the responsibilities and powers delegated to it by the Trustees in partnership with the Headteacher and staff.
Local Governing Body
|Chair - Community Governor
|Vice Chair - Community Governor & Safeguarding Link Governor
|Community Governor - PP & SEND Link Governor
|Community Governor - H&S Link Governor
|Staff Governor (Support)
|Staff Governor (Teaching)
Previous Intervention Board Members in the last 12 months
To review governor attendance and declarations of interest, please follow this link.
To contact any members of the Local Governing Body, please email email@example.com
To send correspondence to the Chair of Governors, please send this in a letter to the school address for the attention of the Chair of Governors, or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org